I was shocked the day MIchael Jackson died and now when I think about it, it still hurts a little. Mostly because there will never be another person who can do what he did in this lifetime. He is the King. This was further confirmed when I went to the Philippines and saw for my own eyes the global impact he had. They were playing one of his concerts on big screens in most of the Manila malls. It was a great sight to see and it inspired me to put together this mix. I didn't want it to be just a Michael Jackson tribute mix, so I thought I would construct a mix around a few of my favorites from his collection. I usually have my mixes a little more planned out - but this one was a little more spontaneous. Just like any Michael Jackson song, one is compelled to dance and I honestly felt like I was playing out at a party when I made this one. Mostly vinyl w/ a little help from Traktor. :)
1. Rock With You (Frankie Knuckles edit) - Michael Jackson
2. Get It - Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson
3. Private Eyes - Hall and Oates
4. Everything She Wants - Wham!
5. Dancing In the Key of Life - Steve Arrington
6. Love Bazaar - Sheila E.
7. Automatic - Pointer Sisters
8. Lessons In Love - Level 42
9. Say, Say, Say - Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney
10. You Know How to Love Me - Phyllis Hyman
11. Victim - Candi Staton
12. It Should Have Been You - Gwen Guthrie
13. Let's Hear it For the Boy - Deniece Williams